Now Taking Reservations for 2015!

Please check our VRBO calendar for available dates.

6.01.2009

Guest Reviews

"Before we even saw the cottage, we were floored driving up the 'driveway.' It was so beautiful, the perfect, tree-lined little road and so isolated from everything else around. The cottage itself was amazing. It was so inviting, light, comfortable, refreshing and fun! My boys LOVED the bunk room. The two oldest each took a top bunk and even called me down to see how they had 'decorated' their bunks with their toys and pillows. They did not want to leave that room. My youngest slept the first night in there, but then we moved him to the little closet room with the toddler bed and pack-n-play and he slept there the rest of the time. I was so thankful for that little room! We truly enjoyed the deck, hot tub, and sun room and never got tired of looking out at the beautiful mountain view. That hot tub was especially nice after a 3 hour canoe ride! The beds were so comfortable, there was plenty of room for all of us to spread out, and we really didn't want to leave! We enjoyed some fun mountain activities, but my vacation was relaxing at the cottage.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed our stay. You did such a beautiful job creating a space for visitors to feel at home. The Cottage is a place that we hope to visit many times throughout the years!"

-L.W., Tennessee

"What a marvelous place to relax, read, look at nature, etc...! We have had the best time."

-D.D., Virginia

"We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in your cottage and our Thursday morning departure came much too soon. The weather was lovely except for one day. One of my favorite parts of the trip was upon arrival Friday afternoon we were greeted by wild turkeys right outside the cottage! I told my husband I wanted an inventory list of where you got everything for the house- it seriously feels like it’s straight out of a magazine. Fantastic job."

-L.B, North Carolina

"We had a lovely time at the cottage! We hope to return often! Thanks so much for everything! We look forward to our next visit!"

-S.S., Virginia


"I wanted to drop you a note to say that my family and I had a wonderful time in Waynesville this weekend and that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in your cottage. It was a perfect place to get away from the noise and confusion and relax in beautiful surroundings. We appreciate all the little details that you had thought of to make the cottage a home away from home. Everyone slept great in the very comfortable beds, we made good use of the hot tub, and the kitchen was well used too. And of course, the view was spectacular from both within the cottage and off the deck. We will definitely want to come back again in the future.

The weather was perfect too and we only turned on the A/C a couple of times. We mostly kept the windows open and enjoyed the cool mountain air. I was surprised by how quiet the woods were around the cottage. At night with the windows open we could barely even hear the wind. Of course, when the sun started to rise in the morning, we were usually treated to bird song but it was great music to awaken to."

-K.R., Florida


"We really enjoyed our stay in your cabin. It was very clean and quiet."

-D.O., North Carolina

"The VRBO pictures are what grabbed me, but the whole experience cannot be captured. The sights, sounds, smells and the views."

-M.S., Mississippi

"We had such a wonderful weekend and my new favorite place to stay. I left not only feeling rejuvenated after relaxing and having a great quality time with my family and sleeping in the world's most comfortable bed, but I also left feeling so inspired to refresh my own house. It was a wonderful experience. I truly believe that everyone in the world would benefit from staying at your painted cottage."

-N.S., North Carolina